Saturday morning, I had my wedding dress fitting, so I decided to make a weekend of it. My friend Angie and I drove over to Fayetteville Friday night to meet up with my mom, and we had a marathon wedding shopping & planning day! I really can't write this coherently in paragraph form, so here's a list of all the things we did/accomplished/bought:
- Mailed the invitations (so be on the lookout!)
- Put a deposit down on a new apartment. We decided to go with a 2-bedroom, 2-bath at a cookie-cutter apartment community in Fayetteville. Boring yet reliable...kind of like us.
- Found wedding shoes. We did this a mere 30 minutes before the fitting -- cutting it close, but it all came together. I bought some a few weeks ago on amazon.com, but after trying them on with the dress the night before the fitting, we decided they were too tall. And they only had one-inch heels! Luckily, I found some really cute white flips at TJ Maxx!
- Bought some really great reception decor: some glass drink containers with self-serve spigots, three-tiered serving thingies, some serving platters, silverware containers, and three pillar candlestick things.
- Got fitted. Needed only one alteration. Total cost: $20.
- Dress was a little tight (oops!), so...bought Wii Active by EA Sports to help slim me down for the big day.
- Purchased a slip. I know, I'm a little behind on all the attire!
- Scoped out nacho bar supplies. Planned the whole thing. It's gonna be almost hassle-free!
- Bought a veil and some decorations for the centerpieces.
- Found some white wedding mints, as opposed to the multi-colored pastel kind.
- Finally found some giant galvanized tubs to hold the small bottles of coke we'll be serving at the reception. I've been looking EVERYWHERE for some...and I found them at Tractor Supply Co. of all places.
It was an incredible weekend, and I'm feeling almost no stress about the wedding at this point. Now the only thing stressing me out is MOVING! Ugh! It is amazing how many possessions one person can accumulate in just two years!